पन्नी, चमकीपर्ण, पत्ती, विफलतापरास्त करना, विफल करना, मंद करना, व्यग्र करना
Noun(1) a piece of thin and flexible sheet metal(2) anything that serves by contrast to call attention to another thing's good qualities(3) a device consisting of a flat or curved piece (as a metal plate(4) picture consisting of a positive photograph or drawing on a transparent base; viewed with a projector(5) a light slender flexible sword tipped by a button
Verb(1) enhance by contrast(2) hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires(3) cover or back with foil
(1) The reflective foil gives the surface a shiny playful quality.(2) Now Thatcher's famous intransigence provided the perfect foil to the image being built of the noble rebel.(3) The greater the pressure, the smaller the diameter the ruptured foil would be.(4) The tournament involves the three fencing swords, foil , Ôö£┬«pÔö£┬«e and sabre and comprises individual and team events.(5) I unwrapped a Pop Tart from its foil wrapper and placed it in the toaster.(6) And as well as wrapping the turkey in foil this year, some people tried doing the same with their sets.(7) She grimaced and let the point of her foil drop to the floor.(8) Gold foil is used for decorative gilding coatings in, for example books, church furniture, steeples and statues.(9) Indeed Veeru's Napier thrust looked just the foil to Rahul's rapier thrust.(10) Like the film, it begins with an ordinary day in the life of Mr. Incredible and his wife-to-be, Elastigirl, as they foil a bank heist.(11) aluminium foil(12) In Tucson, Arizona, Barbara dries them on her roof, spreading the tomatoes on oiled screens under cheesecloth tents to foil the birds.(13) He was a great ├ö├ç├┐reacter,├ö├ç├û which made him the perfect foil for Stan and Ollie.(14) I had read about this kind of sword before - a Rapier - a dueling foil - a child's toy.(15) The final inclusion is a thin foil case badge saying simply ├ö├ç├┐Geared by MSI├ö├ç├û.(16) I could see lots of clear plastic bags and silver foil wraps floating away.
(1) aluminum foil :: एल्यूमीनियम पन्नी
(2) tin foil :: टिन फॉइल
(3) gold foil :: स्वर्णपत्र
(4) metal foil :: धातु की पन्नी
(5) silver foil :: चाँदी का वर्क
(6) foil paper :: फोइलपेपर
(7) to foil :: को असफल करने के
(8) serve as a foil :: एक पन्नी के रूप में सेवा
(9) foil weave :: फ़ॉइल वीव
1. contrast ::
2. transparency ::
3. hydrofoil ::
4. enhancer ::
5. thwart ::
6. cross ::
foil, foiled, foiling, foils
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Eat a block of cream cheese
straight from the FOIL
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Hindi Dictionary: foil
Meaning and definitions of foil, translation in Hindi language for foil with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of foil in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "foil"
What foil means in Hindi, foil meaning in Hindi, foil definition, examples and pronunciation of foil in Hindi language.