बृहदान्त्र, कॉलनअपूर्ण विराम
Noun(1) the part of the large intestine between the cecum and the rectum; it extracts moisture from food residues before they are excreted(2) the basic unit of money in El Salvador; equal to 100 centavos(3) the basic unit of money in Costa Rica; equal to 100 centimos(4) a port city at the Caribbean entrance to the Panama Canal(5) a punctuation mark (:, or after the salutation of a business letter
(1) Time is in army format without the colon between hours and minutes.(2) A second surgery the following day revealed a hole the size of pencil eraser in the colon where the two sections had been sutured together.(3) Add a bracket to a colon and you get the text-message version of a smiley badge.(4) Its goal is the purification and rejuvenation of the colon, because the colon is linked to all the other organs and tissues of the body.(5) It colonises the newborn's colon within hours of birth, and serves important intestinal physiological functions for the rest of the host's life.(6) He sustained a punctured colon , a collapsed lung, and a lacerated liver and kidney.(7) In less formal writing, the dash is often a catch-all mark to take the place of both colon and semicolon, obviating the need to distinguish them or think about more subtle kinds of punctuation.(8) This antioxidant effect may also reduce the risk of some cancers, particularly of the breast and colon .(9) But it's hard enough for some people to acquire an instinctive sense of the different uses of commas, let alone the employment of colons and semi-colons.(10) Programming languages often consist of a seemingly random usage of parenthesis, brackets, asterisks, slashes, colons and semi-colons.(11) I have been finding too many contradictory sources on the use of colons versus semicolons, and now can remember neither quite right.
(1) transverse colon :: अनुप्रस्थ बृहदान्त्र
(2) descending colon :: अवरोही बृहदांत्र
(3) ascending colon :: आरोही बृहदान्त्र
(4) sigmoid colon :: अवग्रह बृहदान्त्र
colon, colones, colons
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, yes. In the world of emoticons,
I was COLON, capital D.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
but I still have a COLON full of
yesterday's meals to keep me company.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
...a clean COLON is just one less thing
to worry about.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
As long as it doesn't originate
in a Russian man's COLON.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
and good for your COLON.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
English to Hindi Dictionary: colon
Meaning and definitions of colon, translation in Hindi language for colon with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of colon in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "colon"
What colon means in Hindi, colon meaning in Hindi, colon definition, examples and pronunciation of colon in Hindi language.