बैठक, अधिवेशन, सीट, आसन, इजलासउपवेशन
Noun(1) (photography, as for a photograph or portrait(2) the act of assuming or maintaining a seated position(3) a meeting of spiritualists(4) a session as of a legislature or court
Verb(1) be seated(2) be around, often idly or without specific purpose(3) take a seat(4) be in session(5) assume a posture as for artistic purposes(6) sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions(7) be located or situated somewhere(8) work or act as a baby-sitter(9) show to a seat; assign a seat for(10) serve in a specific professional capacity
Adjective(1) (of persons(2) not moving and therefore easy to attack
(1) And sure, it is a lot to ask the average museum visitor to sit through eight films in one sitting .(2) A number of the current sitting board members have had close associations with Mr Murdoch or his company.(3) Two hours after the historic ceremony, the current parliament's batch of sitting MPs cease to be members of parliament.(4) I sink gracefully into a sitting position on my bed.(5) Williams said the meeting had to be called before the next sitting of the executive committee on Tuesday.(6) The measures will be put into place at the next sitting of Parliament, tentatively scheduled for March.(7) He suggests that the minority of people who voted for this unattractive party are not constituents of the sitting Member of Parliament.(8) No sitting congressman has ever previously been nominated to head the agency.(9) Rothman was eventually brought to the ground by police but was put into a sitting position when he began hyperventilating.(10) The defendant had been remanded in custody from a sitting of Wexford District Court the previous week.(11) Nests are hidden in vegetation, each lined with an ample layer of down to cover the eggs when the sitting bird is absent.(12) One of the jade Buddhas can be found in a sitting position at the moment of his enlightenment on the second floor of Wentang Hall.(13) Government officials said today's Parliament sitting may be very brief to accommodate the continuation of the crime talks.(14) Howard knew he would never get it passed in a full sitting of parliament.(15) At the end of the sitting , they can take photographs of the subject.(16) The 66-year-old had slipped into a sitting position with her legs straight out, leaving her waist deep in heavy mud.
(1) sit :: बैठिये
(2) sitting down :: नीचे बैठे हुए
(3) sitting duck :: बैठा हुआ बतख
(4) sitting pretty :: ख़ुशहाल बैटना
(5) pet sitting :: पालतू जानवर का बैठक - स्थल
(6) sitting-room :: बैठक
(7) sitting position :: बैठने की स्थिति
(8) sitting still :: चुपचाप बैठना
(9) bed-sitting room :: बेडसिटिंग कक्ष
1. sedentary ::
3. session ::
5. take a seat ::
7. hold ::
8. pose ::
9. be situated ::
10. be in session ::
सत्र में रहने
11. serve on ::
12. be harmonious ::
13. babysit ::
14. sit down ::
15. baby-sit ::
16. ride ::
17. sit around ::
चारों ओर बैठ
18. model ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It was SITTING on the table.
Anyone could've taken it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
Yeah, SITTING around MDC,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
Sitting through the great games
will be bad enough.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
SITTING on a much,
much bigger world.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
Is it worse than SITTING
in a freezing cell, waiting to die?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
English to Hindi Dictionary: sitting
Meaning and definitions of sitting, translation in Hindi language for sitting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sitting in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sitting"
What sitting means in Hindi, sitting meaning in Hindi, sitting definition, examples and pronunciation of sitting in Hindi language.