विपरीत, उलटा, सन्मुख, विरुद्धसामनेके सामने, उल्टे, के विस्र्द्धविरोधविरोधी, विलोम, सामने का, विस्र्द्ध, मुख़ालिफ़, सम्मुख-स्थित
Noun(1) a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, in which case the two words are antonyms of each other(2) a relation of direct opposition(3) a contestant that you are matched against(4) something inverted in sequence or character or effect
Adjective(1) being directly across from each other; facing(2) of leaves etc; growing in pairs on either side of a stem(3) moving or facing away from each other(4) the other one of a complementary pair(5) altogether different in nature or quality or significance(6) characterized by opposite extremes; completely opposed, or opposite
Adverb(1) directly facing each other
(1) On the fretless guitar this means that I can glissando in opposite directions on different strings.(2) Two congressmen on opposite sides of the debate will join me.(3) Spirit touched down on January 4 and its twin, Opportunity, landed on the opposite side of Mars on January 25.(4) He was awake, and leaning over the side of his bed, opposite the side I was sitting on.(5) It's really fascinating to watch these trains move in opposite directions at very high speed.(6) Playing opposite her in the role of Gianetta was Rhiannon, who joined the club three and a half years ago, after a friend recommended it.(7) But this was soon tempered as I walked through the tunnel leading from the entrance of the mountain to its opposite side.(8) As they grow up amid the emerging wave of nationalist fervor, their friendship becomes strained as they find themselves on opposite sides.(9) When Paul Cook was in hospital he was sitting opposite a biker who had been involved in an accident.(10) She turned away, got back in the van and they all drove away, I assume in opposite directions.(11) They are of course quite unrelated, but it's interesting to note such similarities in species on opposite sides of the planet.(12) He ended up being in exactly the same position as the man opposite him.(13) This is good because it means trains heading in opposite directions won't in future have to wait for one another.(14) It gives a detailed insight into the troubled times in the early part of the 1920s when members of some families took opposite sides in the Civil War.(15) Leaves are opposite and leaf blades are ovate with many teeth.(16) Tape the left side collar piece over the reversed pattern, positioning it opposite the previous collar half.
(1) the opposite :: विलोम
(2) opposite sex :: विपरीत सेक्स
(3) opposite to :: के विपरीत
(4) opposite side :: विपरीत दिशा
(5) opposite direction :: उल्टी दिशा
(6) just the opposite :: एकदम विपरीत
(7) opposite sides :: विपरीत दिशाए
(8) polar opposite :: ध्रुवीय विपरीत
(9) opposite number :: विपरीत संख्या
1. facing ::
का सामना करना पड़
2. conflicting ::
3. rival ::
5. diametric ::
6. face-to-face ::
7. reverse ::
8. inverse ::
9. contrary ::
10. antonym ::
11. opposition ::
12. facing ::
का सामना करना पड़
opposite, oppositely, opposites
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Ha! The OPPOSITE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
For every action,
there's an equal and OPPOSITE reaction.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
I'm telling you,
the exact reverse OPPOSITE of that
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
...to simply enable you
to speak to the OPPOSITE sex?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
He invaded the OPPOSITE lane.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
English to Hindi Dictionary: opposite
Meaning and definitions of opposite, translation in Hindi language for opposite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of opposite in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "opposite"
What opposite means in Hindi, opposite meaning in Hindi, opposite definition, examples and pronunciation of opposite in Hindi language.