Noun(1) the cardinal number that is the sum of eleven and one
Adjective(1) denoting a quantity consisting of 12 items or units
(1) Eventually the claims were whittled down to around a dozen which had some credibility.(2) Long queues at the checkouts at midnight, and not much more than a dozen spaces left in the car park.(3) However, my embassy knows of a dozen recent examples where the opposite has been true.(4) I ploughed through the list of courses and picked out about a dozen that appealed.(5) a dozen bottles of sherry(6) It's Friday evening and so there are a dozen of us trying to catch the barman's eye in the George.(7) A dozen or so sat on their reflections on the smooth steel grey water of the loch.(8) With a dozen or so games left to play in the league, the season could easily tail off between now and May.(9) The first golfer said that he sent his wife a dozen red roses and fixed a gourmet dinner for two.(10) Place the fish in a large saucepan with the milk and a dozen or so peppercorns.(11) There were around a dozen of us that turned up, from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of ages.(12) Unfortunately it was getting dark but in the time available to them they caught a dozen or so fish.(13) Over time the faded memories of the dozen or so participants will go with them to grave.(14) You eat at one of only a dozen or so tables by the swimming pool in a flower-filled courtyard.(15) This contest is primarily a war of turnout in a dozen or so battleground states.(16) For every published writer out there there are at least a dozen unpublished who could be.
(1) half a dozen :: आधा दर्जन
(2) half-dozen :: आधा दर्जन
(3) two dozen :: दो दर्जन
(4) baker's dozen :: नानबाई का दर्जन
(5) several dozen :: कई दर्जन
(6) a dime a dozen :: कौड़ी के दर्जन # बेहद सस्ते
(7) by the dozen :: दर्जन से
(8) over a dozen :: एक दर्जन से अधिक
(9) a baker's dozen :: एक बेकर की दर्जन
1. twelve ::
2. twelve ::
1. ace ::
2. bit ::
3. dab ::
4. dram ::
5. driblet ::
6. glimmer ::
7. hint ::
8. lick ::
9. little ::
10. mite ::
11. nip ::
12. ounce ::
13. pinch ::
14. pittance ::
15. scruple ::
16. shade ::
dozen, dozens, dozenth
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I've heard his wolf killed a DOZEN men
and as many horses.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
a DOZEN lord commanders
came and went during his years of service,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
but I killed a DOZEN
of Robert's friends during his rebellion.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
If I had a bow, I could have shot a DOZEN.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
A DOZEN barrels of Dornish wine?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
English to Hindi Dictionary: dozen
Meaning and definitions of dozen, translation in Hindi language for dozen with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dozen in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "dozen"
What dozen means in Hindi, dozen meaning in Hindi, dozen definition, examples and pronunciation of dozen in Hindi language.