Noun(1) someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing(2) an aggressive and violent young criminal(3) a cruel and brutal fellow
Adjective(1) not given to gentleness or sentimentality(2) very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution(3) physically toughened(4) substantially made or constructed(5) violent and lawless(6) feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad'(7) resistant to cutting or chewing(8) unfortunate or hard to bear(9) making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe
(1) I've been grazing among the blogs and chewing that question like a tough mouthful of cud.(2) Duck legs have fairly tough meat - the legs are worked hard during their lifespan, making the flesh taut and muscly.(3) ├ö├ç├┐They are a good side and it will be a tough match,├ö├ç├û he had offered dutifully beforehand, and he wasn't wrong.(4) But it was big job, a very tough assignment that required major cultural changes.(5) One of the worst, as any politician will attest, is that it is very tough on families.(6) The Government was positioning itself nicely to run a campaign based on its tough approach to dealing with asylum seekers.(7) This appraisal is as tough , uncompromising and brutally simplistic as many of Brogden's law-and-order policies.(8) The Aldgate train was the standard London model, built of a tough steel frame upon which aluminium bodywork is bolted firmly down.(9) Clarence Moore fills various roles, from perimeter shooter to tough defender to solid rebounder.(10) He said it is very tough on Irish students who need up to 570 points to get medicine and may miss out by just 15 or 20 points.(11) If you have ever polished some hard, tough material like metal or marble you know how much energy it takes.(12) He said it was tough on students for whom it was the last day of their exams.(13) In any case, with Beeching reluctant to play the game and with Marples determined to be tough , it was difficult to predict which lines would be spared in advance.(14) Most of them are sipping coffee, or reading newspapers, or chewing morosely on tough bread.(15) In early 1943 two American professors discovered that a very tough material could be produced by adding a small amount of wood pulp to water before freezing.(16) He's a tough old bastard, and he's pulled through things like this before.
(1) tough guy :: कठोर आदमी
(2) tough luck :: कठिन भाग्य
(3) get tough :: कठोर बनो
(4) tough love :: मुश्किल प्यार
(5) be tough :: मज़बूत होना
(6) very tough :: बहुत मुश्किल
(7) tough as nails :: नाख़ून जैसा मजबूत
(8) tough cookie :: कठिन कुकी
(9) it's tough :: यह कठीन है
(10) too tough :: बहुत मुश्किल
1. durable ::
3. robust ::
4. strict ::
5. arduous ::
6. difficult ::
7. rugged ::
8. bad ::
9. sturdy ::
10. baffling ::
12. hard ::
13. ruffian ::
14. rowdy ::
15. punk ::
16. street fighter ::
सड़क का लड़ाकू
1. tender ::
tough, toughed, toughen, toughened, toughening, toughens, tougher, toughest, toughing, toughly, toughness, toughs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We do breed them TOUGH in the North.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
I'm stopping by to see my ex-girlfriend
because she's having a TOUGH time,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
This week was TOUGH.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
is bloody TOUGH.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
No matter how TOUGH things get,
children always turn out OK.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
English to Hindi Dictionary: tough
Meaning and definitions of tough, translation in Hindi
language for tough with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tough in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tough'
What tough means in Hindi, tough meaning
in Hindi, tough
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tough in Hindi language.