Noun(1) the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit(2) money that is invested with an expectation of profit(3) the commitment of something other than money (time, energy, or effort(4) outer layer or covering of an organ or part or organism(5) the act of putting on robes or vestments(6) the ceremonial act of clothing someone in the insignia of an office; the formal promotion of a person to an office or rank
(1) freezers really are a good investment for the elderly(2) Louis viewed bribes as an investment which could bring future benefits to France.(3) the time spent in attending a one-day seminar is an investment in our professional futures(4) Even if you don't need the extra performance now, you can think of it as an investment in future gaming fun.(5) May every gift we bring be an investment in the future that you have for all people.(6) It is worth the investment and risk of spending money upfront - not just to cover your back but to make better choices.(7) Then, there was an enormous investment of time and effort in the decision over the euro.(8) We need to attract both private and foreign investment in education and train our manpower.(9) Maintaining and improving the outside of your home is well worth the investment and will make it more marketable.(10) You can get packs of various sizes to suit all your cable management needs so they tend to be a good investment for a future quick fix.(11) the need to attract foreign investment(12) There is a steep learning curve but it becomes an investment in the future and is an inevitability.(13) a debate over private investment in road-building(14) The government is in favour of allowing foreign direct investment in the pension sector.(15) In the long run, graduates who go into high-earning jobs will still turn that into a worthwhile investment .(16) the time spent in attending the seminar is an investment in our professional futures
(1) return on investment :: निवेश पर प्रतिफल
(2) foreign investment :: विदेशी निवेश
(3) capital investment :: पूँजी निवेश
(4) investment bank :: निवेश बैंक
(5) investment banking :: निवेश बैंकिंग
(6) investment income :: निवेश आय
(7) investment banker :: निवेश बैंकर
(8) investment trust :: निवेश मे भरोसा
(9) investment advisor :: निवेश सलाहकार
2. venture ::
3. stake ::
4. contribution ::
5. investiture ::
disinvestment, investment, investments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
some fuckin' INVESTMENT banker's
voyage of self-discovery.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
Brothels make a much better
INVESTMENT than ships,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
- No, I understand.
- I have a very large INVESTMENT in this.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
...brought to you by a savvy INVESTMENT
in a thriving business.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
...then Walt's onetime winnings
become seed money for an INVESTMENT.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
English to Hindi Dictionary: investment
Meaning and definitions of investment, translation in Hindi
language for investment with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of investment in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'investment'
What investment means in Hindi, investment meaning
in Hindi, investment
definition, examples and pronunciation
of investment in Hindi language.