Noun(1) the father of your father or mother
(1) Freud is often called the grandfather of psychoanalysis(2) His grandmother was a singer, both his grandfather and father were principal dancers and his mother danced in the corps.(3) His grandfather 's medals clinked as the old man brought his right hand smartly up in a salute.(4) The grandfather of three has concerns about the quality of education for the next generation.(5) It is believed that the girls had been visiting their grandfather with their mother from Pakistan.(6) He still writes for newspapers and describes himself principally as a journalist, but to the rest of us he is the grandfather of chat.(7) Indeed the grandfather of genetics is Mendel, a monk who lived in Brno, now in the Czech Republic.(8) I speak to you as a father, as a grandfather , and most of all as someone who cares deeply about all of you.(9) The field belonged to my grandfather and my father built our bungalow on the land in 1953.(10) As the patriarch of the family, my grandfather commanded an enormous amount of respect.(11) He was indeed politically aware, since his grandfather and father were both MPs and his wife was the daughter of another.(12) His father's father fought in the First World War, while his grandfather on his mother's side saw service in the Boer War.(13) You'd call him the grandfather of stand-up comedy, if grandfather didn't seem altogether too cosy.(14) Finbar spends one Saturday every month with his father, his grandfather and his great-grandfather.(15) Freud is often called the grandfather of psychoanalysis(16) I grew up in a musical environment, with my grandfather and father leading me.
(1) great-grandfather :: महान दादा
(2) grandfather clock :: दादा की घड़ी
(3) maternal grandfather :: नाना
(4) paternal grandfather :: पैतृक दादाजी
1. granddad ::
2. founder ::
3. forefather ::
4. gramps ::
5. exempt ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My GRANDFATHER once said something similar.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
- It turns out my GRANDFATHER had died.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
I'm sure if you asked Grandfather...
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
SHELDON: You know, when my GRANDFATHER
died and Meemaw was alone...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
Now, now, Grandfather, this may be
your last chance if you're heading North.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
English to Hindi Dictionary: grandfather
Meaning and definitions of grandfather, translation in Hindi
language for grandfather with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of grandfather in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'grandfather'
What grandfather means in Hindi, grandfather meaning
in Hindi, grandfather
definition, examples and pronunciation
of grandfather in Hindi language.