दोहरा, दोगुना, दूना, कपटी, युग्मित, जोड़े का, धोखेबाज़दोगुना, दुगनादुगुना, युग्म, द्विगुणप्रतिरूप, चाल, प्रतिलिपि, नक़ल, जोड़-तोड़दूना करना, दोहराना, दोहरा करना
Noun(1) a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base(2) a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts(3) someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor(4) a quantity that is twice as great as another(5) raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2
Verb(1) increase twofold(2) hit a two-base hit(3) bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain(4) do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions(5) bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit(6) make or do or perform again
Adjective(1) having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities, or dual(2) consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs, binary, or double, or a multiple of two(3) twice as great or many(4) used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements(5) used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis(6) large enough for two(7) having two meanings with intent to deceive
Adverb(1) downward and forward(2) two together(3) to double the degree
(1) Bangalore is more of a corporate market and the market size is nearly double that of Chennai's.(2) The dining area is lit by two large Velux windows, a further two windows to the side and a set of glazed double doors opening out onto a patio.(3) This applies double if the profanity occurs during a quarterly conference call.(4) Another gin and tonic, honey - better make it a double .(5) Jerome was dumbfounded at the double life his longtime chess partner had been leading.(6) By far the most blatantly contrived element of the play is the happy and neatly accounted for ending, with a stereotypical Hollywood double wedding scene.(7) Collins dictionary allows berretta with a double r as an alternative (the Italian spelling).(8) The botanist who spots a double flower in a field of single sees a chance mutation that has altered that plant's genetics.(9) Will Lee Westwood attempt to have a stunt-man double stand in for him?(10) By the time Quinn fell pregnant for the second time, in May this year, the pressures of leading a double life were beginning to tell.(11) Decoratives have double or semi-double flowers and usually grow to over 18 inches tall.(12) There are double doors leading to the kitchen which has an oak kitchen, extractor fan, electric oven and electric ceramic hob.(13) A political storm is brewing a day after New Jersey's governor admits to leading a double life.(14) Also, tropical hibiscus can have blossoms of salmon, orange, yellow, or peach with double flowers.(15) She had chosen to play his Prelude in E flat minor, which is comprised in part of a continuous string of rapid double notes in the right hand alone(16) Even if merchandising income were to double the star's revenues, at current levels the company stands to take back around half what they have paid out.
(1) double room :: डबल रूम
(2) double bed :: डबल बेड
(3) double bass :: डबल - बेस
(4) double standard :: दोहरा मापदंड
(5) double up :: जल्दी करना
(6) double cream :: डबल क्रीम
(7) double-decker :: दो मंज़िली
(8) double click :: डबल क्लिक करें
(9) double layer :: दोहरी परत
1. dual ::
3. ambiguous ::
4. deceitful ::
5. twofold ::
6. duple ::
7. bivalent ::
8. forked ::
10. twice ::
11. look-alike ::
एक जैसे दिखते हैं
12. stand-in ::
में खड़े होना
13. two-bagger ::
15. stunt man ::
16. image ::
17. multiply by two ::
दो से गुणा करें
19. function ::
20. double up ::
21. replicate ::
22. duplicate ::
double, doubled, doubles, doubling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, I mean the obvious,
crude DOUBLE entendre.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
Fine, we can DOUBLE
with you, too.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
But I am earning DOUBLE time,
so there's a bright side.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
We'll DOUBLE back.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
I'm thinking DOUBLE wedding.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
English to Hindi Dictionary: double
Meaning and definitions of double, translation in Hindi
language for double with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of double in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'double'
What double means in Hindi, double meaning
in Hindi, double
definition, examples and pronunciation
of double in Hindi language.