Adverb(1) to the opposite side(2) transversely
(1) The two got together, and when Jim returned to the Bolton area, Maureen moved across the Pennines to join him.(2) they were goading each other across the table(3) he winked across the table at her(4) he had swum across(5) The main attraction is the Storms River and the suspension bridge that stretches across its mouth.(6) Ramblers celebrated the launch of new right to roam laws by taking a stroll across former no-go areas all over the north west.(7) I am not a celeb but as luck would have it, I have friends living across a wide geographical stretch.(8) Two young boys were playing football indiscriminately across the area with a plastic bottle.(9) It justifies a larger space and needs some benevolent soul to offer a venue and find the time to liaise with art teachers across the area.(10) they fled across the mountains(11) In fact, there was so much food that special tables were made for the occasion, about two metres across .(12) they lived across the street from one another(13) American troops spread out across the area yesterday to investigate what had happened and question witnesses.(14) Young men in white shirts and red sashes grasped each other round the shoulders to form a ring fifteen feet across .(15) Leading me back across the hall he turns to roar approval as his PR man taps some panelling to prove that it is not real marble.(16) Think of us as a bullseye the size of a quarter in the middle of a target 11 feet across .
(1) come across :: संयोग से मिल जाना
(2) across from :: से पार
(3) get across :: काटना
(4) across the street :: सड़क के पार
(5) go across :: सभी ओर जाना
(6) cut across :: तय करना
(7) run across :: सभी जगह दौड़ाना
(8) put across :: दूसरी तरफ रखना
(9) across the country :: देश भर में
1. crossways ::
2. crosswise ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Across a thousand, thousand seasons
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
Leonard? Why haven't I heard a thing about
this woman who lives ACROSS the hall...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
Might book passage ACROSS the Narrow Sea.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
...in bars all ACROSS this great nation
of ours, Thursday night is Ladies' Night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
The beast that Aegon rode
ACROSS the sea.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Hindi Dictionary: across
Meaning and definitions of across, translation in Hindi
language for across with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of across in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'across'
What across means in Hindi, across meaning
in Hindi, across
definition, examples and pronunciation
of across in Hindi language.