गार्ड, रखवाली, बचाव, पहरेदार, चौकसी, सतर्कतारक्षक, गारदरक्षा करना, सतर्क रहना, पहरा देना, संरक्षित करना, संरक्षण करना, बचाना, चौकसी करना
Noun(1) a person who keeps watch over something or someone(2) the person who plays that position on a football team(3) a device designed to prevent injury or accidents(4) a posture of defence in boxing or fencing(5) the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team(6) a military unit serving to protect some place or person(7) a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.(8) the duty of serving as a sentry(9) (American football(10) a position on a basketball team
Verb(1) to keep watch over(2) watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect(3) protect against a challenge or attack(4) take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence
(1) I asked the guard what time the train got back to Salford.(2) he let his guard slip enough to make some unwise comments(3) Even those who are well known, for whatever reason, will fiercely guard their privacy.(4) Back in 1969 I was lucky enough to be part of the guard when Prince Charles was invested as Prince of Wales at Caernafon Castle.(5) It is said that a guardian angel is assigned to every person to guard and protect her or his body and soul.(6) If you succeed in sweeping your opponent then go back to the butterfly guard and try again.(7) a security guard(8) he's the captain of the palace guard(9) a retractable blade guard(10) two men were left to guard the stockade(11) soldiers on guard duty(12) You start with your opponent in the closed guard and a grip on his sleeve and lapel.(13) Inge believes the prospect of being posted to guard political prisoners, and the cruel conditions her son was expecting to have to enforce there, pushed him to attempt to escape.(14) Of course, that didn't stop the guard on my train advising us to change for the Central and Victoria Lines as we rolled into Stratford.(15) From butterfly guard, of course, you also have the option of returning to the half guard .(16) I had to wear a mouth guard constantly for about the first nine months, because my muscles were so tight that my teeth would grind.
(1) security guard :: सुरक्षा कर्मी
(2) on guard :: गार्ड पर
(3) life guard :: जीवनरक्षक
(4) to guard :: पहरेदारी करना
(5) guard against :: के खिलाफ संरक्षण
(6) point guard :: पॉइंट गार्ड
(7) prison guard :: जेलर
(8) guard dog :: रखवाली करने वाला कुत्ता
1. sentry ::
2. warden ::
3. vigilance ::
4. safety guard ::
5. safety ::
6. precaution ::
7. guard duty ::
पहरेदारी का काम
8. protect ::
9. keep under surveillance ::
निगरानी के तहत रखने के
10. beware of ::
11. defend ::
12. ward ::
1. offensive ::
guard, guarded, guarder, guarders, guarding, guards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
GUARD 3: Hey, stop!
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
will be done by the Civil Guard,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
to fight beside him and GUARD his way.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
Where you are met with
an honor GUARD of stormtroopers.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
English to Hindi Dictionary: guard
Meaning and definitions of guard, translation in Hindi language for guard with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of guard in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "guard"
What guard means in Hindi, guard meaning in Hindi, guard definition, examples and pronunciation of guard in Hindi language.