लहर, वेव, तरंग, बड़ी लहर, मौजवेव, तरंग कालहराना, हिलोरें लेना, फहरना, घुंघराले होनाइशारा, संकेत
- लहरतरंगमयछोटा लहरतरंग जैसेलहर की
Noun(1) one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water(2) a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon(3) (physics(4) something that rises rapidly(5) the act of signaling by a movement of the hand(6) a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair(7) an undulating curve(8) a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures(9) a member of the women's reserve of the United States Navy; originally organized during World War II but now no longer a separate branch
Verb(1) signal with the hands or nod(2) move or swing back and forth(3) move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion(4) twist or roll into coils or ringlets(5) set waves in
(1) He shook hands and gave his typical wave and victory sign.(2) After the mid-19th century there was a wave of mass migration of poor Europeans to North America, and to other colonies, such as Brazil and South Africa.(3) A new survey reveals that less than a quarter of people wait on the platform to wave their loved one farewell until the train has pulled out.(4) Beyond this point, the damping steals energy from the wave and its amplitude quickly declines.(5) Even before birth, babies repeatedly kick their legs, wave their arms, and bring their hands to the mouth.(6) She tried to smile warmly at him, but it turned more into a grimace, so she sufficed with a simple wave before walking on.(7) It ├ö├ç├┐gave a rotundity to my person, a wave and curl to my hair, and perhaps led me to fancy pictorial illustration and flaming colours├ö├ç├û.(8) her hair has a slight natural wave(9) ├ö├ç├┐Your Majesty,├ö├ç├û she began, but he cut her off with a gesture, a wave of a hand that was clearly royal.(10) He had anticipated this move though for as soon as she broke the surface a wave of water hit her.(11) With a wave Patric walked casually outside the store and found a small bench on the other side of this ornamental bush where he sat himself down.(12) Their plans sent the first wave of bright-eyed immigrants back to Palestine in 1881.(13) Her long dark blonde hair had a natural wave and hung half to her waist.(14) She acknowledged the gesture with a wave of her own.(15) For example, guards may wave people they know through, leaving no record of who is in the facility.(16) We greeted each other with a wave and I gestured for him to look at the door.
(1) tidal wave :: ज्वार की लहर
(2) shock wave :: सदमे की लहर
(3) new wave :: नयी तरंग
(4) the wave :: लहर
(5) sound wave :: ध्वनि की तरंग
(6) sine wave :: साइन तरंग
(7) brain wave :: मस्तिष्क लहर
(8) radio wave :: रेडियो तरंग
(9) square wave :: स्क्वेर वेव
(10) standing wave :: खड़े लहर
1. gesture ::
2. breaker ::
3. flow ::
4. surge ::
5. curl ::
6. ripple ::
8. undulation ::
9. brandish ::
10. ripple ::
11. gesture ::
12. beckon ::
13. undulate ::
14. curl ::
wave, waved, wavelet, wavelets, wavelike, waves, waving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
gravity WAVE discovery,
the more excited I get.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
Oh, we can come up with
a WAVE speed formula,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
I wouldn't let you WAVE your blunders
around like a victory flag.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
when the WAVE function collapses?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
What WAVE, Tokyo?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
English to Hindi Dictionary: wave
Meaning and definitions of wave, translation in Hindi language for wave with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wave in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "wave"
What wave means in Hindi, wave meaning in Hindi, wave definition, examples and pronunciation of wave in Hindi language.