चेतावनी देना, सचेत करना, आगाह करना, सजग करना, चेतन करना, ख़बरदार करना
- चेतावनी देनाआगाहवार्नरचेतावनीचेतावनी दी
Verb(1) notify of danger, potential harm, or risk(2) advise or counsel in terms of someone's behavior(3) ask to go away(4) notify, usually in advance
(1) The Bank of England is poised to warn of the dangers of a collapse in house prices.(2) But the profit warner of the year was Baltimore Technologies.(3) Police are warning the public to be cautious when opening their door to strangers.(4) Well, we have for a long time provided early warning advice on the launch of ballistic missiles.(5) Police are warning farmers, horse owners and equestrian establishments to check security and be extra vigilant following a number of thefts in the North Wiltshire area.(6) Police are warning residents not to confront a gang of brazen and aggressive thieves who have struck more than 50 times in Wiltshire, stealing power tools from vans.(7) Bulky agricultural machinery which dominates country roads should be accompanied by advance warning vehicles, a coroner said.(8) The laser warner provides broadband laser frequency coverage to detect and display rangefinding, designating and missile guidance laser threats.(9) ├ö├ç├┐It was a nice sunny day, but unfortunately there were no signs, no flags warning us about the dangers,├ö├ç├û he said.(10) Police are warning motorists to expect severe problems with road closures, especially on Friday, and advising people to make other arrangements.(11) Now police are warning anyone who used the machine over the Easter weekend, including the bank holiday Monday, to check their bank accounts in case they too have become victims of the scam.(12) Police are warning elderly people to be on their guard after a Balham resident was duped out of Ôö¼├║10, believing he was helping a neighbour.(13) Police are warning farmers to secure valuable machinery and to mark it for identification, as well as maintaining serial number records.(14) The report also warned of the dangers of failing to improve the lot of ordinary Iraqis.(15) The helicopter's electronic warfare systems include a radar warning receiver, laser warning receiver, missile approach warner and chaff and flare dispensers.(16) It was a habit left over from the old days when the king and his ministers were thus warned of danger.
(1) to warn :: चेतावनी देने के लिए
(2) warn against :: के खिलाफ चेतावनी दें
(3) warn off :: चेतावनी दी गई
(4) warn of :: सचेत करना
1. notify ::
2. advise ::
3. admonish ::
warn, warned, warner, warning, warnings, warns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He didn't listen to Varys,
who tried to WARN him.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
I WARN you that if you’re going to do
like in "Basic Instinct",
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
If you don't figure something out,
I WARN you...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
As your brother,
I feel it's my duty to WARN you...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
If you see so much in your flames,
why didn't you WARN me?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
English to Hindi Dictionary: warn
Meaning and definitions of warn, translation in Hindi language for warn with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of warn in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "warn"
What warn means in Hindi, warn meaning in Hindi, warn definition, examples and pronunciation of warn in Hindi language.