स्वर, लहज़ालहजा, सुर, रंग, रंगत, तान, रागराग लगाना
Noun(1) the quality of a person's voice(2) (linguistics(3) (music, a voice or noise or musical sound(4) the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people(5) a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color(6) a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound(7) a steady sound without overtones(8) the elastic tension of living muscles, arteries, etc. that facilitate response to stimuli(9) a musical interval of two semitones(10) the quality of something (an act or a piece of writing
Verb(1) utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically(2) vary the pitch of one's speech(3) change the color or tone of(4) change to a color image(5) give a healthy elasticity to
(1) I'm sure the genius that was Joseph Mallord William Turner, landscaping master of light, tone and shade would fully endorse some of the previous groundbreaking entries.(2) ├ö├ç├┐I'm turning into a bit of a dragon,├ö├ç├û she says, in a tone of voice that could hardly be less dragon-like.(3) a certain amount of daily exercise is essential to maintain proper body tone and function(4) the B flat clarinet's part is written one tone higher than the pitch required(5) The events of this year have set the tone for a less giddy new year's celebration and perhaps one more for reflection.(6) Violinist Adela Pena played with a penetrating tone and trenchant musicality.(7) Keeping track of your tone of voice, volume and inflection is also a good idea.(8) An increase of vagal tone after exercise occasionally can lead to episodes of atrial fibrillation.(9) Sinus node dysfunction can occur perioperatively because of increased vagal tone caused by anesthesia or surgical intervention.(10) Light pink gets lost next to the yellow and dark pink is too close in tone to the red.(11) I hate those twenty-four hour periods when a single event sets the tone for the whole rotation.(12) They also wanted to have the conference at a place of higher learning in order to set a tranquil and academic tone for the event.(13) The neck is longer and more elegant, the underglaze blue cobalt lighter and purer in tone , and the porcelain itself whiter and with fewer occlusions.(14) ├ö├ç├┐That was how our grandfathers and father lived - those are our rules,├ö├ç├û says one man in a firm tone of voice.(15) there was a general tone of ill-concealed glee in the reporting(16) His wit and poise set the tone for the afternoon event, which was seasoned with songs from Randall's performing friends.
(1) dial tone :: डायल टोन
(2) tone down :: आवाज निचे करो
(3) tone of voice :: आवाज़ का लहज़ा
(4) muscle tone :: मांसपेशी टोन
(5) tone up :: ठीक करो
(6) set the tone :: माहोल बनाये
(7) ringing tone :: फ़ोन के घन्टी की आवाज
(8) busy tone :: व्यस्त टोन
(9) tone-deaf :: बिल्कुल बहरा
1. timbre ::
2. mood ::
3. note ::
4. shade ::
5. step ::
6. musical note ::
7. tonus ::
8. tincture ::
9. spirit ::
10. pure tone ::
11. tone of voice ::
आवाज़ का लहज़ा
12. modulate ::
13. intone ::
14. tone up ::
antone, tone, toned, toneless, tones, toning
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's not me. It's my new ring TONE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
I feel like that sets
a good TONE for our wedding.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
Great. Just keep in mind astronauts lose
a lot of muscle TONE in space...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
Hello, please record after the TONE.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Might not be apparent from his TONE,
but it's the truth.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
English to Hindi Dictionary: tone
Meaning and definitions of tone, translation in Hindi language for tone with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tone in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tone"
What tone means in Hindi, tone meaning in Hindi, tone definition, examples and pronunciation of tone in Hindi language.