से, की अपेक्षा, के बजाय, की जगह, के स्थान मेंअपेक्षा, बनिस्बत
Conjunction(1) introducing the second element in a comparison.(2) used in expressions introducing an exception or contrast.(3) used in expressions indicating one thing happening immediately after another.
(1) No sooner was he seated than Lily sidled closer to him.(2) she does more work than Liam(3) no less a person than the manager(4) He used to get friends to ask girls out for him rather than make the approach himself.(5) He was reviewing books at the rate of more than one a day and writing criticism of a very high order.(6) you're more than welcome(7) we had more than enough(8) We would rather be able to hear than be deaf; we would rather be able to see than be blind.(9) Two walkers came the other way, one said it was better here than London in a heatwave.(10) they observe rather than act(11) he claims not to own anything other than his home(12) hardly had we put the baby down than she started to cry(13) he was much smaller than his son(14) Rather than being told to cut out alcohol, a man might be urged to modify his drinking.(15) Always remember that it is far easier to withhold a service or benefit than to take it away.(16) who did it is more important than why he did it
(1) rather than :: बजाय
(2) more than :: इससे अधिक
(3) less than :: से कम
(4) other than :: के अलावा अन्य
(5) better than :: से बेहतर
(6) no more than :: से अधिक नहीं
(7) greater than :: से अधिक
(8) better late than never :: देर आए दुरुस्त आए
(9) more than that :: उस से भी अधिक
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
She's paler THAN milk.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
I've seen much worse THAN you
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
You don't know Cersei
better THAN anyone here.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Perhaps I've been harder on them
THAN they deserve.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
But it's not more important
THAN our friends.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
English to Hindi Dictionary: than
Meaning and definitions of than, translation in Hindi language for than with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of than in Hindi and in English
Tags for the entry "than"
What than means in Hindi, than meaning
in Hindi, than definition, examples and pronunciation
of than in Hindi language.