स्थिति, प्रतिष्ठा, स्थायित्व, पदवी, स्थानखड़ा होनेवालास्थायीत्व
- खड़ा हैस्टैंडिंग
Noun(1) social or financial or professional status or reputation(2) an ordered listing of scores or results showing the relative positions of competitors (individuals or teams(3) the act of assuming or maintaining an erect upright position
Verb(1) be standing; be upright(2) be in some specified state or condition(3) occupy a place or location, also metaphorically(4) hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright(5) put up with something or somebody unpleasant(6) have or maintain a position or stand on an issue(7) remain inactive or immobile(8) be in effect; be or remain in force(9) be tall; have a height of; copula(10) put into an upright position(11) withstand the force of something(12) be available for stud services
Adjective(1) having a supporting base(2) not created for a particular occasion(3) (of fluids(4) executed in or initiated from a standing position(5) (of persons(6) permanent
(1) An ancient Roman law made it treason for any general to cross the Rubicon and enter Italy proper with a standing army.(2) Indonesia saw the peacekeeping force as a standing army ready to go to any embattled country to help to restore civil order.(3) In the 1850s and 1860s Gladstone emerged as a politician of clear national standing with a reputation for oratory.(4) If the area has drainage problems, like standing water in winter, mulch isn't going to help alleviate them.(5) Much has been made recently in the Evening Advertiser and elsewhere of the low standing of Swindon's Social Services Department.(6) Well, there still may be some pockets of standing water in New Orleans.(7) NATO is a standing army supervised by its 19 member states, but heavily influenced by the US.(8) Mold growth should be suspected wherever there are water stains, standing water or moist surfaces.(9) During almost the entire period, the lack of type continued to be a problem in typesetting, so that working with standing type was almost impossible and every new issue had to be composed anew.(10) People of lower social standing were respected as valued members of the community.(11) He shrugged off the first tackle and from a standing start sped through the Brods' defence to score under the posts.(12) During the Cold War, large standing forces were available to counter the Soviet threat.(13) Only in Pakistani cricket could someone's reputation and standing undergo the sort of transformation that Waqar Younis has just enjoyed.(14) The island currently has no standing army, but a unit of the Police Force is assigned to the Regional Security System Unit.(15) As usual, we had cut our military to the bone and had a standing army of less than 200,000.(16) University status will strengthen the institute's academic reputation and international standing .
(1) stand :: खड़ा
(2) long-standing :: लंबे समय से
(3) standing ovation :: उत्साह पूर्ण स्वागत
(4) standing up :: खड़े होना
(5) standing order :: स्थाई आदेश
(6) standing by :: खड़े होना
(7) standing still :: स्थिर खड़ा है
(8) good standing :: अच्छी स्थिति
(9) standing orders :: स्थायी आदेश
(10) standing out :: बाहर खड़े होना
(11) standing alone :: अकेले खड़े होना
1. status ::
2. seniority ::
3. duration ::
4. upright ::
5. stagnant ::
6. permanent ::
7. be on one's feet ::
किसी के पैरों पर हो
8. rise ::
9. be ::
10. put ::
11. remain in force ::
लागू रहता है
12. withstand ::
13. endure ::
14. remain firm ::
15. resist ::
1. mobile ::
2. moving ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You'll be STANDING by my side,
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
You and I have a STANDING TV schedule...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
I couldn't listen to her
STANDING there, telling her lies.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
So we're all STANDING around
looking at the post-op X-ray...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
We are STANDING here because of him.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
English to Hindi Dictionary: standing
Meaning and definitions of standing, translation in Hindi language for standing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of standing in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "standing"
What standing means in Hindi, standing meaning in Hindi, standing definition, examples and pronunciation of standing in Hindi language.