थोड़ा, कमज़ोर, अल्प, पतलाउपेक्षा, अनादर, अपमानअपमानित करना, उपेक्षा करना, तिरस्कार करनाक्षीण, निर्बल, तुच्छ, छींटा
- थोड़ाslightedslighterथोड़ी सीslighting
Noun(1) a deliberate discourteous act (usually as an expression of anger or disapproval
Verb(1) pay no attention to, disrespect
Adjective(1) (quantifier used with mass nouns, with `a'(2) lacking substance or significance(3) being of delicate or slender build
(1) He was short, perhaps even a little smaller than she, and, despite his enveloping cloak, she suspected that he was slight in build as well.(2) In virtually every case, however, the degree of degradation was slight enough to be inconsequential.(3) If I offended anyone of the Jewish faith, then I apologize for the unintended slight .(4) Despite this, cumulatively the threads both between tracks and between the constituent parts of each track appear rather too slight to maintain this listener's engagement.(5) Hence, the difference could only be explained by the use of a different negative, copied from the original with a slight degree of enlargement.(6) Once you're out on the streets you do have a slight degree of autonomy.(7) A slight degree of petulance had crept into his voice.(8) Colors often look muted and washed out with there also being a slight degree of edge enhancement rearing its ugly head.(9) I mean, this isn't Shakespeare, it's slight and rather broad comedy.(10) There were 21 injuries as a result of accidental fires a slight increase from last year but half of those reported were from just two incidents.(11) He is too light, too slight , too trivial, a figure with insufficient gravity.(12) His best work was way behind him by this time, and even now it's rather slight , but I have a soft spot for some of it(13) Ultimately, it all sounds rather petty and slight .(14) Not to slight him in any way, but that's a lot of people to know.(15) You can still interact with people, but those interactions are slight and superficial (in the on-the-surface sense) and ephemeral.(16) Aerodynamic limitations have been avoided to a slight degree at almost prohibitive cost and with consequent contamination.
(1) feel slight :: हल्का महसूस करना
(2) slight fever :: हल्का बुखार
(3) slight change :: मामूली बदलाव
(4) very slight :: बहुत मामूली
(5) slight drop :: हलकी गिरावट
(6) slight breeze :: हल्की हवा
(7) slight cold :: मामूली ठंड
(8) slight defect :: मामूली दोष
(9) slight illness :: मामूली बीमारी
1. small ::
2. minor ::
3. slim ::
4. slender ::
5. little ::
6. tenuous ::
7. insult ::
8. rebuff ::
9. insult ::
10. cold-shoulder ::
1. mighty ::
2. powerful ::
3. rugged ::
4. stalwart ::
5. stout ::
6. strong ::
slight, slighted, slighter, slightest, slighting, slightly, slightness, slights
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I did what I did not to SLIGHT
you, but because I loved another.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
Well, that may be a SLIGHT exaggeration.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
along with the SLIGHT concavity
of the mirror
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
♪ Slight of hand ♪
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
Lord Frey will take this delay as a SLIGHT.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
English to Hindi Dictionary: slight
Meaning and definitions of slight, translation in Hindi language for slight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of slight in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "slight"
What slight means in Hindi, slight meaning in Hindi, slight definition, examples and pronunciation of slight in Hindi language.