शेल्फ, निधानी, ताक, रेतीला किनाराताक़, टांड़, ताखा, उभड़ी हुई चद्दान, आगे बढ़नेवाला भाग, रेती, तख़्ता
Noun(1) a support that consists of a horizontal surface for holding objects(2) a projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water
(1) I wanted to get a photo of the Gram Parsons BBQ pit from a small shelf in the rock above.(2) The children seemed a little disappointed that a ride in the rubber boat was not included in their tour, but they found plenty to interest them in the rock pools in the cave and on the rock shelf .(3) Each bank has a marginal shelf , which during the summer is covered in lilies.(4) This has been known to occur on the north side of Mavericks where there is no exit from the water, only a rock shelf .(5) As the water went down, one of the aquarists placed some of the eggs that had fallen from the sides of the tank on a rock shelf .(6) Adjacent coastal states have sovereign rights over the seabed mineral resources of the shelf .(7) It occurs in mudstones that were deposited at outer shelf or bathyal depths and in flysch facies that were deposited at bathyal depths or greater.(8) Several minutes later the rock shelf above him disappeared and a steady stream of moonlight cascaded across the path.(9) Beside him on the rock shelf was a small cylindrical shaped object with a whip-thin antenna telescoping from the top.(10) Figure 6 shows outcrop Al as a representative example of the shelf to shoreface successions on the footwall of the Jalan Tutong Fault.(11) There were, broadly speaking, three tracts of relevant land: there is the rock shelf , which was tidal├ö├ç┬¬(12) They kept to the shadows, slinking along beneath a dusty shelf of rock.(13) Heading up Leck Fell Lane, past the cascade marking the start of the Cigalere, we continued upstream until arriving at the nice flowstone shelf with loads of straws.(14) I pull the rope bag out and drop it on the ledge in front of my shins, padding the rock shelf so I can lean into it.(15) This problem with the sediment trap technique is probably restricted to the continental slope and shelf and will not occur over abyssal depths.(16) An undamaged cluster of two foot long straws hang under a shelf of rock topped with flowstone, and is well worth a visit.
(1) on the shelf :: शेल्फ पर
(2) continental shelf :: महाद्वीपीय शेल्फ
(3) top shelf :: सबसे ऊपर वाला खांचा
(4) off-the-shelf :: शेल्फ से
(5) shelf space :: अलमारी की जगह
(6) book shelf :: किताब शेल्फ
(7) ice shelf :: बर्फ की चट्टान
(8) bottom shelf :: नीचे का तख़्ता
1. ledge ::
2. sandbank ::
बालू का टीला
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He takes the elf from off the SHELF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
probably sitting on some dusty SHELF
somewhere completely ignored.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
Yeah, okay, it's a SHELF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
That is some top SHELF empathy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
In the refrigerator, as opposed to two
separate shelves and one communal SHELF...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
English to Hindi Dictionary: shelf
Meaning and definitions of shelf, translation in Hindi language for shelf with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shelf in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shelf"
What shelf means in Hindi, shelf meaning in Hindi, shelf definition, examples and pronunciation of shelf in Hindi language.