दस्ता, किरण, कड़ी, तीर, डंठल, मूठ, पतला डंडा, शाफ़्टछड़, रप की डंडी, लम्बा तीर, डंडा
Noun(1) a line that forms the length of an arrow pointer(2) an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect(3) a long rod or pole (especially the handle of an implement or the body of a weapon like a spear or arrow(4) a column of light (as from a beacon(5) the main (mid(6) obscene terms for penis(7) a long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon(8) a vertical passageway through a building (as for an elevator(9) (architecture(10) a long vertical passage sunk into the earth, as for a mine or tunnel(11) a revolving rod that transmits power or motion(12) the hollow spine of a feather
Verb(1) equip with a shaft(2) defeat someone through trickery or deceit
(1) The shaft of long handled tools should be a light wood, such as ash, and should be unpainted and free of knots.(2) a shaft of inspiration(3) Chris trembled as a shaft of the black light touched her skin.(4) Maintaining a good posture, rotate the upper body to the right so that the shaft of the club is in front of you.(5) Move down the shaft of each section of hair and continue tying knots from the root of your hair to about 2 inches from the ends.(6) A woman in a red skirt is caught in a shaft of white light and appears to be dragging a heavy shadow behind her.(7) The individual strings seem to hang from central shafts, each string as long as the shaft from the point it attaches.(8) He snapped two fists around the shaft of his halberd.(9) Watch the camera slowly track down a dark hallway toward a shaft of light from a crack in a door.(10) the shaft of a golf club(11) So, shareholders make a bundle, but U.S. workers don't get a dime - indeed, they get the shaft .(12) Figure 4 shows the digital and analog controller responses to a mechanical impulse on the shaft .(13) With the help of the schematics he had obtained earlier, he managed to shut off the security system and enter through a ventilation shaft - an air duct.(14) Claire checked herself immediately when an almost jealous shaft of emotion went through her.(15) It came apart with a click and a spark of electricity, the long shaft separating from the body.(16) He found her fondling the shaft of her spear, a few steps away.
(1) drive shaft :: ड्राइव शाफ्ट
(2) main shaft :: मुख्य शाफ्ट
(3) propeller shaft :: प्रोपेलर शाफ्ट
(4) air shaft :: हवा नली
(5) hair shaft :: हेयर शाफ्ट
(6) crank shaft :: क्रैंक शाफ्ट
(7) rotating shaft :: घूर्णन शाफ़्ट
(8) vertical shaft :: ऊर्ध्वाधर शाफ्ट
(9) transmission shaft :: ट्रांसमीशन शाफ्ट
(10) driving shaft :: ड्राइविंग शाफ्ट
1. pole ::
2. quill ::
3. ray ::
4. hole ::
5. dick ::
6. diaphysis ::
7. spear ::
8. scape ::
9. rotating shaft ::
10. gibe ::
11. deceive ::
12. jockey ::
1. equity ::
2. justice ::
shaft, shafted, shafting, shafts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Amy, how is this big glass SHAFT
going to aid our marriage?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
the elevator SHAFT
always had a tree in it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
Are you crazy? We can't go down
an empty elevator SHAFT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
"Did you clean the steering wheel
with ammonia, the gear SHAFT,"
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
English to Hindi Dictionary: shaft
Meaning and definitions of shaft, translation in Hindi language for shaft with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shaft in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shaft"
What shaft means in Hindi, shaft meaning in Hindi, shaft definition, examples and pronunciation of shaft in Hindi language.