घमंड, अभिमान, अहंकार, दंभ, गुमान, ग़रूर, गस्र्र, मिज़ाज, मिज़माज, अभिमान का आधार, ख़ुदपसंदीगर्व करना, अभिमान करनादिखाव, ढिठाई
Noun(1) a feeling of self-respect and personal worth(2) satisfaction with your (or another's(3) the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards(4) a group of lions(5) unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins
Verb(1) be proud of
(1) St Thomas Aquinas, the medieval theologian who shaped society's thinking on the deadly sins, rated pride as the worst of all.(2) The pride of their Coastguard is the former River-class patrol vessel HMS Orwell, now the Essequibo.(3) The man known as the Clones Colossus is a source of deep pride in this community.(4) Here, tonight, I write to you stripped of all dignity and pride , in an unmitigated plea for help.(5) Autobiographies of overly ambitious youth relate how they were harassed by their classmates and warned against the sin of pride by the priest and nuns.(6) He suffers from what the Greeks called hybris, and arrogant pride characterized by a man stepping out of his proper place in the world.(7) She carried herself with pride and dignity, no matter what, and always wore clothes of the day that were very conservative.(8) Its scented smoke permeated the air, lending atmosphere to the bush concert almost entirely monopolised by a pride of lions giving a magnificent roaring display.(9) We should allow ourselves a moment to revel in the sin of pride .(10) She should have been allowed to retire with dignity and pride .(11) The pride of the collection rightly belongs to Inter Gold, the Diamond Destination.(12) Emotions of fear, anticipation, and excitement silenced the team, as they walked with pride and dignity through the campus halls.(13) But, have you ever had anyone try to make a mockery of you, try to take away your dignity, your pride , your own self-worth?(14) She was now three and twenty, in the pride of womanhood, fulfilling the precious duties of wife and mother, possessed of all her heart had ever coveted.(15) Zhou has become the pride of Shanghai and in March she was again in the limelight when the city selected her out of 771 women as one of its top 10 women pacesetters.(16) A lion pride can bring down a water buffalo, and then defend the carcass against hyenas; a lone lion is unlikely to be very lordly, or even well-fed.
(1) pride and joy :: गर्व और खुशी
(2) take pride :: गर्व करो
(3) gay pride :: समलैंगिक गर्व
(4) with pride :: गर्व के साथ
(5) take pride in :: गर्व करें
(6) national pride :: राष्ट्रीय गौरव
(7) civic pride :: नागरिक होने का गर्व
(8) pride in :: इसमें गौरवान्वित
(9) pride of place :: जगह का गौरव
(10) swell with pride :: गर्व के साथ प्रफुल्लित
1. self-esteem ::
2. pleasure ::
3. arrogance ::
4. best ::
5. source of satisfaction ::
संतुष्टि का स्रोत
7. congratulate ::
1. humility ::
2. modesty ::
pride, prided, prideful, prides, priding
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Everyone you meet has a hidden motive,
and you PRIDE yourself on sniffing it out.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
"Grey Worm" gives me PRIDE.
It is a lucky name.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Don't die for PRIDE
when you can fight for your blood.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
Oh, it turns out Amy's beloved
Pride and Prejudice
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
It must wound your PRIDE, huh?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
English to Hindi Dictionary: pride
Meaning and definitions of pride, translation in Hindi language for pride with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pride in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pride"
What pride means in Hindi, pride meaning in Hindi, pride definition, examples and pronunciation of pride in Hindi language.