वाक्यांशवाक्य, मुहावरा, उक्ति, शब्दावली, बोल, लफ्ज़, वाक्यशैली, भाषाप्रकार, शब्द-योजनाशब्दों में व्यक्त करना, स्वभाव बतलाना, सूत्र के रूप में कहना, सूत्र-रूप देना, चरित्र-चित्रण करना
- मुहावराphrasedमुहावरोंसूत्र के रूप में कहना
Noun(1) an expression consisting of one or more words forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence(2) a short musical passage(3) an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up(4) dance movements that are linked in a single choreographic sequence
Verb(1) put into words or an expression(2) divide, combine, or mark into phrases
(1) Soames looked him up and down before dismissing him with a pithy phrase from a great wartime leader.(2) Selim Palmgren's works for solo piano evoke a similar atmosphere, and somehow Finnish pianists understand perfectly how to phrase his music.(3) You can assess how much expression to give, and how to phrase the music in the absence of score markings.(4) his favourite phrase is ├ö├ç├┐it's a pleasure├ö├ç├û(5) Speculation is rife as to how Chen will phrase his words May 20 in a bid to ├ö├ç├┐square the circle├ö├ç├û of trying to keep China happy and at the same time not budging on the sovereignty issue.(6) It is my fault, I did not phrase the question correctly.(7) A note, a phrase , or a section of music has embodied meaning, because it points to and makes us expect another musical (not extramusical) event.(8) It's obligatory to have either a direct object or a preposition phrase with ├ö├ç├┐for├ö├ç├û.(9) it's important to phrase the question correctly(10) Though it may have been somewhat culturally insensitive or politically incorrect to use the phrase , the expression won't qualify as a racist slur.(11) Points will be awarded for two things: how obscure the connection is and how unusual the word or phrase you searched for is.(12) But you have tried to phrase your words in a more pleasant tone.(13) Infra dig is short for the Latin phrase infra dignitatem which means beneath one's dignity.(14) At the end of it all are words, pure and simple - and how you phrase those words and get across what you're saying is the most important thing.(15) Breathe naturally, lout slowly, silently repeating your focus word or phrase every time you exhale.(16) And the connection is a pithy phrase of Deputy Noonan's dating back to the 1987 election campaign.
(1) noun phrase :: संज्ञा वाक्यांश
(2) prepositional phrase :: पूर्वसर्गीय वाक्यांश
(3) phrase book :: वाक्यांश किताब
(4) verb phrase :: क्रिया वाक्यांश
(5) adverbial phrase :: क्रियाविशेषण जैसी कहावत
(6) set phrase :: वाक्यांश सेट करें
(7) key phrase :: मुख्य मुहावरा
(8) stock phrase :: शेयर वाक्यांश
(9) catch-phrase :: पकड़ वाक्यांश
1. expression ::
2. group of words ::
शब्दों का समूह
3. construction ::
4. locution ::
5. term ::
6. turn of phrase ::
वाक्यांश की बारी
7. idiom ::
8. idiomatic expression ::
9. saying ::
कह रही है
10. tag ::
11. express ::
12. put into words ::
शब्दों में ढ़ालना
13. put ::
14. word ::
15. style ::
16. formulate ::
17. couch ::
18. frame ::
19. articulate ::
20. verbalize ::
phrase, phrased, phrases, phrasing, phrasings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Interesting. Do you know where
the PHRASE "jibber jabber" comes from?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
was inscribed with the PHRASE,
"This too shall pass."
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
And of course,
you have also heard the PHRASE,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
You know what else is sexist,
the PHRASE "suck it,"
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
FYI, overuse of the PHRASE
"Oh, my God" is Number 12.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Hindi Dictionary: phrase
Meaning and definitions of phrase, translation in Hindi language for phrase with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of phrase in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "phrase"
What phrase means in Hindi, phrase meaning in Hindi, phrase definition, examples and pronunciation of phrase in Hindi language.