अवसर, घटना, मौक़ा, संयोग, स्थिति, अवस्था, सूरत, इत्तफ़ाक़, ठौर, हालत, वाक़याघटित होना, मौका कारण, प्रयोजन, हेतु
Noun(1) an event that occurs at a critical time(2) a vaguely specified social event(3) reason(4) the time of a particular event(5) an opportunity to do something
Verb(1) give occasion to
(1) it's the first time that I've had occasion to complain(2) Our certainty, whether grounded in reason or miraculous signs, affords no occasion to trust.(3) to mark the occasion(4) They marked the occasion with a celebration with family and neighbours.(5) His swimming marathon last summer was on the occasion of his 40th birthday.(6) The controversy provided a rare occasion for agreement between the ruling right and opposition left.(7) Raf was a great playmate to have around and could be serious when the occasion arose.(8) The occasion afforded staff the opportunity of paying tribute to a long-standing member of staff.(9) Some cultures decorate to celebrate a festive occasion , others to mark membership in a group or tribe.(10) The greatest occasion for celebration in a Kurd's life is marriage.(11) Instead of passing the ball off every time, he took shots around the arch when the occasion arose.(12) The special occasion gave guests the opportunity to meet the director, singers and dancers of the world renown opera.(13) They gave me a crystal wine glass to celebrate the momentous occasion .(14) by-elections are traditionally an occasion for registering protest votes(15) Last week there were celebrations to mark the occasion with Mass being celebrated by the new Bishop of Galway.(16) In 1979 Jimmy Carter used the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the lunar landing to push his energy program.
(1) on occasion :: अवसर पर
(2) special occasion :: विशेष अवसर
(3) rise to the occasion :: इस अवसर को जन्म
(4) on this occasion :: इस अवसर पर
(5) on the occasion of :: के अवसर पर
(6) on one occasion :: एक मौके पर
(7) on the occasion :: अवसर पर
(8) formal occasion :: औपचारिक अवसर
(9) auspicious occasion :: शुभ अवसर
(10) on another occasion :: एक अन्य अवसर पर
1. time ::
2. social event ::
3. opportunity ::
4. reason ::
5. affair ::
6. juncture ::
7. cause ::
1. consequence ::
2. corollary ::
3. development ::
4. effect ::
5. fate ::
6. fruit ::
7. issue ::
8. outcome ::
9. outgrowth ::
10. product ::
11. result ::
12. sequel ::
13. sequence ::
14. upshot ::
occasion, occasioned, occasioning, occasions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Let me bathe and dress for the OCCASION.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
What-- Oh. [chuckles]
What's the OCCASION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
Mm. This is great, what's the OCCASION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
I've been heroic on OCCASION.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
I went shopping today and bought
special undies for the OCCASION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
English to Hindi Dictionary: occasion
Meaning and definitions of occasion, translation in Hindi language for occasion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of occasion in Hindi and in English
Tags for the entry "occasion"
What occasion means in Hindi, occasion meaning
in Hindi, occasion definition, examples and pronunciation
of occasion in Hindi language.