Conjunction(1) used to introduce a further negative statement.(2) than.
Noun(1) a Boolean operator that gives the value one if and only if all operands have a value of zero and otherwise has a value of zero.
Abbreviation(1) (especially in compounds) north.
Prefix(1) denoting an organic compound derived from another, in particular by the shortening of a chain or ring by the removal of one methylene group or by the replacement of one or more methyl side chains by hydrogen atoms.
(1) they were neither cheap nor convenient(2) Neither the donor nor the hospital had any indication that he carried a hereditary disorder.(3) Take it from one who knows: our second First Minister was not corrupt, nor was he stupid.(4) She did not return to her GP for a second visit, nor was she taken into hospital on October 26.(5) This description is neither entirely accurate nor indicative of the Jewish legend.(6) They indicated that they could neither speak nor hear but that they wanted him to sign the books of matches they had brought.(7) The indications as stated are that this is not being achieved nor indeed will it be in the medium term at any rate.(8) she didn't get that letter, nor the next one(9) On second thoughts, neither the apartment owner nor I had any reason to be unhappy.(10) she thinks she knows better nor me(11) the struggle did not end, nor was it any less diminished(12) Neither taste nor strength have been compromised in producing this alternative.(13) I had no recollection of my journey to this place nor indication of the time it took to get here.(14) He did not speak, nor give any indication that he was conscious of their presence.(15) Rental of ski equipment, and the lessons, were not cheap but nor were they exorbitant.(16) Our friends may not be the best indicators, nor a record's position in the charts.
(1) neither nor :: ना तो यह न ही वह
(2) neither here nor there :: न तो यहां और न ही वहां
(3) neither this nor that :: न तो यह और न ही वह
(4) neither more nor less :: न तो अधिक और न ही कम
(5) neither good nor bad :: न अच्छा न बुरा
(6) neither fish nor fowl :: न तो मछली और न ही पक्षी
(7) nor yet :: और न ही अभी तक
1. nor ::
2. or ::
3. nor yet ::
और न ही अभी तक
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A good act does not wash out the bad,
NOR a bad the good.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
Sheldon is neither sound NOR light,
but he's obviously the Doppler effect.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
Somewhere neither wolves
NOR lions come prowling.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
You know, one pair that was
neither dating NOR living together,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
You have to,
or you will end up hating your son.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
English to Hindi Dictionary: nor
Meaning and definitions of nor, translation in Hindi language for nor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of nor in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "nor"
What nor means in Hindi, nor meaning in Hindi, nor definition, examples and pronunciation of nor in Hindi language.