विपरीत, विरुद्ध, अन्यथाविरोधप्रतिकूल, विरोधी
- विरोधcontrariesइसके विपरीत
Noun(1) a relation of direct opposition(2) exact opposition(3) a logical relation such that two propositions are contraries if both cannot be true but both can be false
Adjective(1) very opposed in nature or character or purpose(2) of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true but both may be false(3) resistant to guidance or discipline(4) in an opposing direction
(1) What is more, teenagers being teenagers, the response is rather contrary .(2) He further highlighted that we can test general statements by searching for contrary instances.(3) I'm not just being contrary in answering negatively, but it so happens that this is the most misunderstood government in years.(4) Of course, the reality is precisely the contrary of this.(5) When two contrary elements are juxtaposed, the sudden surprise catches us off guard.(6) But others resist because they hold contrary beliefs about their vocation as educators.(7) I'm sure that my contrary nature contributed to my insistence upon always choosing the story option, but mostly I just enjoyed writing fiction.(8) He was concerned that a member of the medical profession completed two forms which gave contrary certifications in this particular case.(9) But it can also close ranks and work together when faced with contrary winds.(10) At the same time, however, China's economic managers were sending a contrary message.(11) The economies of art move in contrary directions: the closer you are to the original creative act the smaller the returns tend to be.(12) Worse, it is hard to imagine any way either to prove this or to prove the contrary .(13) In spite of contrary statements from others in the administration, Cheney is still insisting.(14) Its strength is not disavowed by its disparate and often contrary nature.(15) He starts out by putting this in a negative way: the contrary would happen ├ö├ç├┐very rarely├ö├ç├û.(16) We have thirty years of evidence to prove the contrary .
(1) on the contrary :: इसके विपरीत
(2) contrary to :: के विपरीत
(3) to the contrary :: इसके विपरीत
(4) the contrary :: विपरीत
(5) be contrary to :: के विपरीत
1. opposite ::
2. perverse ::
3. adverse ::
4. wayward ::
5. opposite ::
contraries, contrarily, contrary
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
-On the CONTRARY, I have a simple look.
-That’s why I’m saying it...
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
On the CONTRARY.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
On the CONTRARY,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
On the CONTRARY.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
- You really didn't like it, Sheldon?
- No, on the CONTRARY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
English to Hindi Dictionary: contrary
Meaning and definitions of contrary, translation in Hindi language for contrary with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of contrary in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "contrary"
What contrary means in Hindi, contrary meaning in Hindi, contrary definition, examples and pronunciation of contrary in Hindi language.