कड़वा, द्वेषपूर्ण, पीड़ादायक, पीड़ाकर, तेज़चरपरा, तीखा
Noun(1) English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops (usually on draft(2) the taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth(3) the property of having a harsh unpleasant taste
Verb(1) make bitter
Adjective(1) marked by strong resentment or cynicism(2) very difficult to accept or bear(3) harsh or corrosive in tone(4) expressive of severe grief or regret(5) proceeding from or exhibiting great hostility or animosity(6) causing a sharp and acrid taste experience(7) causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation; used especially of cold
Adverb(1) extremely and sharply
(1) From the very outset there was bitter conflict as to who exactly should be the beneficiaries of liberty, equality and fraternity.(2) Kensington High Street was less threatening to the plastic and I even had a decent pint of draught bitter at just a few pence more than I pay in the centre of York.(3) Linera nodded and sipped from her mug, a sweet and bitter taste greeted her lips.(4) It tasted sweet and bitter on his tongue at the same time and made him shiver slightly, unable to decide if he enjoyed the taste or not.(5) Those veterans had served in several conflicts including the bitter in-fighting of Algeria and the desert war in the Sahara.(6) American oak has too obvious a flavour and can impart bitter tastes, to cognac anyway, while Slovenian or ├ö├ç├┐Trieste oak├ö├ç├û can be too hard.(7) Typically, the opposing hardliners only strike a deal after a long and bitter conflict in which the terrible costs of continuing strife have been made unmistakably clear.(8) Its bitter yet somewhat sweet flavour just thrills my insides.(9) When the train rattled into the next station, an inspector ran into the carriage and tried to settle the bitter argument.(10) But I tell you this, when she recovers her senses, all Bacchus will give her is bitter tears for her reward.(11) Chamomile flower (Matricaria spp.) has a pleasantly bitter and sweet taste.(12) With his expert guidance, I achieved a personal best of not only drinking a pint of nasty nasty bitter quite rapidly, but doing so on a Tuesday.(13) I do like a few chunks of very dark, bitter chocolate, however, especially when paired with a suitable wine.(14) For dessert, I had a bitter chocolate soufflÔö£┬«, which was slit open at the table so that hot chocolate sauce could be poured inside it.(15) There had been two things that stunned him first: the bitter cold and the intense light coming from the sky.(16) The four men were members of a northside gang involved in a bitter feud between rival families.
(1) bitter end :: कड़वा अंत
(2) bitter gourd :: करेला
(3) bitter taste :: कड़वा स्वाद
(4) bitter pill :: कड़वी गोली
(5) bitter cold :: बहोत ज्यादा ठन्ड
(6) bitter melon :: कड़वा तरबूज
(7) to the bitter end :: कड़वा अंत
(8) bitter orange :: बिटर ऑरेन्ज
(9) bitter lemon :: खट्टा निम्बू
(10) bitter almond :: तीता बादाम
1. sharp ::
2. resentful ::
3. painful ::
4. freezing ::
5. acrimonious ::
6. acerbic ::
7. biting ::
bitter, bitterer, bitterest, bitterly, bitterness, bitters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
To the BITTER end!
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
and I'm BITTER because my ex
got involved with my sister
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
You can spend the rest of the day
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
He's a BITTER little man.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
...would be that you end up a lonely,
BITTER old man with no progeny.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
English to Hindi Dictionary: bitter
Meaning and definitions of bitter, translation in Hindi language for bitter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bitter in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "bitter"
What bitter means in Hindi, bitter meaning in Hindi, bitter definition, examples and pronunciation of bitter in Hindi language.