वैकल्पिक, एकान्तर, एकान्तरिक, बारी-बारी से, प्रत्यावर्तीक्रम से होनेवाला, एवज़ीआगे-पीछे करना
- वैकल्पिकalternatedवैकल्पिक रूप सेबारी-बारीबारी
Noun(1) someone who takes the place of another person
Verb(1) go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions(2) exchange people temporarily to fulfill certain jobs and functions(3) be an understudy or alternate for a role(4) reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action(5) do something in turns
Adjective(1) every second one of a series(2) serving or used in place of another(3) occurring by turns; first one and then the other(4) of leaves and branches etc; first on one side and then on the other in two ranks along an axis; not paired
(1) Once both players have made their selections they alternate turns revealing their top card and performing the corresponding action.(2) Strips of printed fabrics may alternate with plain-fabric strips, or unpieced strips may alternate with pieced strips.(3) The former Turk deftly slid in front of me, eyes shadowed, face thrown into alternate patterns of light and dark.(4) Angel turned on her radio and switched to an alternate frequency reserved for emergencies, hoping she'd be able to contact Quinton.(5) At the start of every year Newtown travel to Ballybunion and Lough Gur in Limerick on alternate Sunday mornings, running the dunes in Ballybunion and the steep hills that overlook the old crannogs in Lough Gur.(6) My second and third exercises are dumbbell preacher curls and seated alternate dumbbell curls, and again I supinate or pronate appropriately.(7) The change to Level 3 restrictions came into effect from Saturday, and means people can now use a hand-held hose for 60 minutes in the evening on alternate days.(8) Each chapter provides an alternate sequence of events associated with a key encounter during the Napoleonic Wars.(9) We plotted our methods of evasion like we were planning a covert military operation, carefully mapping out alternate routes of entry and exit.(10) Turns alternate with each player moving one of his pieces.(11) The Internet, for better or worse, has intensified the promulgation of conspiracy theories, alternate realities, and instant rumors.(12) Under level three restrictions, outdoor water use is limited to hand-held hoses for one hour between 5.30 pm and 6.30 pm on alternate days.(13) Every second window has been screwed closed, with alternate windows to be opened periodically to aerate the interior.(14) Beautiful sandy beaches alternate with rocky headlands, and magnificent coastal villages shine like beacons on the shore├ö├ç┬¬(15) On the soundtrack, bouncy pop tunes alternate with electronic dirges.(16) Solumediol 500 mg was given on alternate days.
(1) alternate current :: प्रत्यावर्ती धारा
(2) alternate angles :: एकांतर कोण
(3) alternate universe :: वैकल्पिक ब्रह्मांड
1. every other ::
2. alternating ::
3. alternative ::
4. substitute ::
5. be interspersed ::
बीच-बीच में हो
6. give turns to ::
देने के लिए बदल जाता है
7. flip-flop ::
8. take turns ::
बारी बारी से
9. jump ::
10. understudy ::
पार्ट अदा करना
11. surrogate ::
alternate, alternated, alternately, alternates, alternating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We love you, and we accept
your ALTERNATE lifestyle.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
We postulate an ALTERNATE world
that differs from ours in one aspect...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
an ALTERNATE topic of conversation.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
An ALTERNATE and less likely interpretation
is that you could manufacture one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
- I have an ALTERNATE proposal.
- Go on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
English to Hindi Dictionary: alternate
Meaning and definitions of alternate, translation in Hindi language for alternate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of alternate in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "alternate"
What alternate means in Hindi, alternate meaning in Hindi, alternate definition, examples and pronunciation of alternate in Hindi language.