चेतावनी, भय, बेचैनी, ख़तरे की सूचनासतर्क, सावधान, फुरतीला, तेज़, चंचलसजग, चौकन्नाख़तरे की सूचना देना
- चेतावनीसतर्क कर दियाको चेतावनीalertlyमुस्तैदी
Noun(1) condition of heightened watchfulness or preparation for action(2) a warning serves to make you more alert to danger(3) an automatic signal (usually a sound
Verb(1) warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness
Adjective(1) engaged in or accustomed to close observation(2) quick and energetic(3) mentally perceptive and responsive
(1) A flood alert was sounded in Kinnaur, Shimla, Kulu and Mandi districts last evening after water started overflowing from the lake, bringing along a lot of silt.(2) A bomb alert was issued at a post office in Germany this week after a package waiting to be delivered began vibrating and emitting a strange noise.(3) ├ö├ç├┐He was 93 but he remained mentally very alert until the very end although physically he became very ill,├ö├ç├û added Mr Maltin.(4) Tanner was alert and able to answer questions but was not extremely active.(5) The President had urged the public to be on alert for possible terrorist actions in September or October.(6) It has however been equally alert to the fact that a State might present a charge in this way, when in reality it was seeking to impede imports, or in circumstances where there was no commercial exchange at all.(7) The main north-south highway was reopened on Thursday but motorists were urged to remain on alert against possible dangers caused by the continuing heavy rains.(8) it's hard to stay alert(9) Police guarded key sites in New York, on alert for possible truck bombs, suicide bombers and chemical and biological attack.(10) And Ergon Energy stockpiled materials and put crews on alert yesterday in preparation for possible damage to the electricity network.(11) It is the first principle of an alert intellect.(12) Advocaat was appropriate raw material for such an alert intellect.(13) Still alert and active, she talked to the Evening Press and recalled how she managed to get the youngsters and all her family on to a ship bound for the USA in 1935.(14) There are signs that Congress is at least somewhat alert to these dangers.(15) So, it makes sense to be on alert in a cautious, sensible way all throughout the country.(16) Thousands of holidaymakers who lost luggage following the airport security alert earlier this month are unlikely to be able to claim compensation from their insurers, it emerged last week.
(1) be alert :: सतर्क रहिये
(2) red alert :: रेड एलर्ट
(3) spoiler alert :: बिगड़ने की चेतावनी
(4) on the alert :: चौकन्ना
(5) high alert :: उच्च सतर्कता
(6) mentally alert :: मानसिक रूप से सचेत
(7) be on the alert :: सतर्क रहना
1. vigilant ::
2. quick-witted ::
3. alive ::
4. watchful ::
5. snappy ::
6. vigilance ::
7. warning ::
8. alarm ::
10. qui vive ::
11. warn ::
12. alarm ::
alert, alerted, alerting, alertly, alertness, alerts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We now know
why MasterCard sent me a fraud ALERT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 20
Intruder ALERT. Intruder ALERT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Spoiler ALERT: we don't.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
I just got an ALERT.
Our flight's been canceled.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
ALERT the police. I need help.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Hindi Dictionary: alert
Meaning and definitions of alert, translation in Hindi language for alert with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of alert in Hindi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "alert"
What alert means in Hindi, alert meaning in Hindi, alert definition, examples and pronunciation of alert in Hindi language.